Sony TV

robbie456's review of Sony

Sony

“Sony TV ”

Written on: 30/11/2012 by robbie456 (2 reviews written)

I have spent thousands over the years on Sony products because I had confidence that they took a reasonable attitude to out of warranty defects.
Sadly it seems this no longer applies.
I recommended my elderly mother buy a Sony for this reason. Two Months after the warranty ran out the thing blew up its boards.
Well Sony didn't want to know despite what is clearly a manufacturing defect. Apparantly we shouldn't expect a TV to last longer than the warranty. Even the service manager at the local service centre told them it was ridiculous, but they wouldn't budge.

If they want to be arrogant and unhelpful there's not much I can do except vote with my wallet.
What's the point in paying extra for a premium brand if they behave like this?
No wonder they are slowly going bust.

Edski's Response to robbie456's Review

Written on: 28/12/2012

i to have just experienced the problem you have, my tv lasted 15 months then was told that i need a new board at a cost of 210 pounds plus i have had to buy a new tv to view over the xmas period, i to was told that this problem should never have happened and after reporting it to SONY was told they cannot help me, i will NEVER buy or recommend SONY to anyone as i would not like it on my con,science when it breaks