Samsung Review

marti.gras's review of Samsung

Samsung

“Literally all the electronics I own are samsung: a

Written on: 30/03/2013 by marti.gras (1 review written)

Literally all the electronics I own are samsung: a samsung GalaxyS III cellphone, samsung Galaxy tablet, and a samsung 54 inch LED TV. I used to be a big fan...used to be, until they tried to rip me off. We purchased the TV about 3 years ago. Recently, my samsung LED TV flashed a message saying there was a software update and repeated it every 48 hours. I was unable to download the update so after about 3 weeks of seeing the same message, I decided to call samsung for help (3/30/13). After waiting more than 49 minutes, I explained the problem to tech support operator, Nathan. He found the record of my purchase, based on the TV's serial number and told me that I would have to PAY samsung $99 in order to help me download the software, or even to dismiss the message that reappears every 48 hours! I feel that samsung pushed down this software update only to hold their customers hostage. I asked to speak with a supervisor, who said he could give me a discount and I would *only* have to pay $50. My husband became angry at this and asked to speak with HIS supervisor, whereupon, the supervisor hung up on us. Next, I started searching the Samsung website and found a video that gave clear, simple instructions on downloading the software update. Now why couldn't Tech Support tell me that??? They were trying to rip me off. Not nice, Samsung. Next time I make a purchase, it will NOT be a samsung product.