Honest opinion please

Jonesy185's review of Nikko Sterling Platinum Nighteater

“Honest opinion please ”

Written on: 07/06/2013 by Jonesy185 (1 review written)

Hi guys , I'm really frustrated on choosing on what scope to mount on my 243 browning x bolt . I have a nikko sterling night eater 6-24x56 on my 17 hmr which is absolutely great scope ! I have three scopes to pick from to mount on 243 just need your best opinion on which one would be reliable out of the three, 1-MTC VIPER 8-32x60 /2-HAWKE SIDEWINDER 30 8-32x56/3-NIKKO STERLING NIGHT EATER SIDEWINDER 6-24x56.

Really appreciate for the advice!
Cheers guys!

N4Ue's Response to Jonesy185's Review

Written on: 10/10/2013

What a great question! I have tried to buy the NS Night Eater but most of my usual sources have been sold out. So, I cannot make a comparison between the 3, BUT, I do own several Viper 6-20X56 scopes plus the Hawke model you mentioned.
Both are excellent. Two more I can recommend are:
Mueller 8-32X44mm
Redfield Revenge 6-18X44mm

Stay FAR away from the Weaver Kaspa! ElCrapo!

There is a marked quality 'plateau' once you reach the $250 level. It also increases at the $500 level, etc.
I now have 34 scope in my collection. Always looking for the ultimate price/performance ratio.

PS Konus is a GREAT scope, also.

Believe it or not, my shooting buddies preferred a $70 WalMart Centerpoint over a BRAND new, Nikon Monarch!

ron