What a disappointment

From 1 review

gweneh's review of Idect Solo Plus Triple

Idect Solo Plus Triple

“What a disappointment”

Written on: 06/01/2013 by gweneh (1 review written)

I bought this Idect carrera solo plus triple set to replace my ageing Panasonic cordless phones. I particularly liked the 100 number phonebook as my old phone only held 10 numbers.

Well, yes the phonebook does hold 100 numbers but there is no facility to copy the numbers from one handset to another! Which means I would need to add a phonebook entry 3 times - once for each handset. Life is too short, I thought about only keeping one phonebook but The caller display would only "work" on the handset with the up-to-date phonebook. So strike 1!

Strike 2 is the display. The character set/font they have chosen to use is horrible - kinda elongated and not that easy to read.

Strike 3 is the horrible ringtones - there are 8, all a variation on the same unpleasant tonal theme.

These phones are supposed to be leading edge design - well, they may look lovely but they forgot about functionality. I'm very disappointed and these will be relegated to the cupboard and I will be looking at Panasonic again.