The epitome of British breakfast tea

Guest's review of Brooke Bond Choicest Blend

Brooke Bond Choicest Blend

“The epitome of British breakfast tea”

Written on: 21/02/2013

Like the other reviewers here we would go well out of our way to stock up with this magnificent tea. Brooke Bond transferred the manufacturing / marketing rights to another company who managed to fumble the ball somehow and even Waitrose, sadly, gave up on it (which is why I hardly ever go to Waitrose any more unless I want Canadian flour).

I prefer the loose leaf version but the bags are also good. You can order both direct from the manufacturers in cases of 12 packs from tinyurl.com/choicestblend. The bags are out of stock at time of writing. But try the leaves. You can use a teapot or jug , or just a cup.... with a bit of legerdemain and a strainer it's no more fuss than a bag, and it's cheaper : )

Daverichards's Comment

Written on: 29/04/2013

I can brew up without sleight of hand or deceitful cleverness, agree an excellent cuppa either method, at 3.5p per cup I prefer the convenience of the bags.

As an addict for 37 years I can't understand why Adsa, Safeway and now Waitrose have dropped it? we used to travel 39 miles (return) to bulk buy it, possibly to try and get us to drink a more profitable line. It's perfect for our water in what was South West Lancashire.