Fantastic product, fantastic company!

Guest's review of Steelite Crockery

“Fantastic product, fantastic company!”

Written on: 21/12/2011

I cannot rate this company highly enough. I had been looking for a long time for a plate designed to aid eating for people with disabilities and the only products that I had been able to find on the market were made from plastic. Steelite plates are ceramic and the quality is lovely. I purchased the deep rim plate which comes in two sizes (medium and large). The plate itself has an inner edge which means that those with dexterity problems or visual impairment can use it to eat one handed - using just a fork. The inner edge also means that food is far less likely to spill over the plate, but if some should still go over, the outer rim is indented, which means that any spillage is likely to be caught in the rim and not end up on the table or tray. The indented rim is also excellent for those who have problems with grip, although the plate itself is on the heavy side so may not be for everyone. I also want to mention that I had a lot of problems purchasing this plate from various stockists and ended up contacting Steelite themselves and would like to add that their customer service is fast and excellent. They are a simply lovely company to deal with. I only wish all companies were like this one.