My Love/Hate Affair with Lost

Daniel.Eastburn's review of Lost

“My Love/Hate Affair with Lost”

Written on: 21/02/2013 by Daniel.Eastburn (11 reviews written)

Plot Details: This opinion reveals minor details about the movie's plot.

It’s not a good sign when I have to actively pull my but off the chair and go get the DVDs to watch them. With other movies I’d just be excited, pull them off the shelf, and pop ‘em in. Why is this? Because Lost is involved. I have to get involved. I don’t always feel like getting involved. And it isn’t even with the plotline. Not as much as it is with the characters. They’re a lot more fun. Lost is kind of like crack in that I have a good time when I’m on it, but after a long time of cold turkey, I don’t particularly want to start up again.

Now that I’ve offended some people, let’s get to the storyline. Lost is a television series about a large group of people that have survived a plane crash on a seemingly deserted island. This is season 2 of that series, the next 24 episodes. Now that we know who the characters are and have a good understanding of their past lives and demons, it’s time to get things a little more ruffled.

The first season left off with Michael, his son Walt, Sawyer (*drool*), and Jin sailing away from the island on a homemade raft in the hopes of being rescued. But instead Walt was abducted and the raft was blown up, with Jin nowhere in sight and Sawyer shot. Meanwhile, on the island Jack, Kate, Locke, and Hurley have used old dynamite to blow open the door to the hatch Locke and Boone found. But what’s inside?

In the second season, a lot more things come about that will confuse you, and yet others that will answer some questions. It’s hard to give any kind of summary at all because there is just a ridiculous amount of stuff going on with nearly every episode containing something major. So instead I’ve compiled a small list of things you will want to know.