Do not trust these TV shopping places

Caroline_BidTV's review of bid-up.tv

“Do not trust these TV shopping places”

Written on: 08/11/2011 by Caroline_BidTV (1 review written)

Worst case: I ordered some Cuisine saucepans (by telephone - but it is much cheaper to do this online). I rang in a hurry as soon as I heard these pans were dishwasher safe. They arrived and, at the very bottom of the box, were instructions stating clearly that they should not be washed in dishwashers. Since then - at least a month ago - I have been trying to get these picked up for return. I have written at least 5 emails, and left the same, if not more, messages on the permanent answer machine - they do not seem to answer the telephone ever.
I also purchased two sets of duvet covers (with matching curtains = rubbish). One set was, just about, acceptable. the second set was just rubbish so I returned this by post - which cost me as much as the item itself in the first place.
So, make sure what you buy is made of acceptable materials, and read any small print on documents that accompany the items.
I cannot tell you how to return heavy items as I have not yet managed to do this.
I can say that their customer service is totally non-existant. I suppose my next step must be to ask my bank for a refund?

• Shopping