GOOD VALUE EVEN IF NOT TOP QUALITY

Guest's review of Gems TV

“GOOD VALUE EVEN IF NOT TOP QUALITY”

Written on: 03/09/2011

Caught up by the urgency of the presenter on an 'ultra clearance' day and because I knew there was a 30 day money back guarantee, I ordered a 1 carat diamond cocktail ring which looked fab on TV. I then read some reviews on this site and was a bit worried and felt a bit foolish about having ordered without doing some research first. However, the ring has arrived and I am delighted with it. I paid £240 for 1 carat of diamonds set into an oval setting. The diamonds are miniscule but the overall effect in the ring is good. The quality of the jewellry is not fantastic - the band itself is incredibly thin but am hoping since it's 9 carat gold it will be a bit more robust than 18 carat. Also, you don't actually see the diamonds from underneath the setting - it seems as though the diamonds are set into a bed of white gold? But when I'm wearing that no-one will see that - what they see is how it looks on the hand and for £240 I think it looks fab. I have another couple of 1 carat diamond rings which I paid over £1K for on the High Street so at £240 - even if the quality is not fantastic - I am pleased that I've got quality that matches the price I paid. It's a cocktail ring and I won't be wearing it every day so hope I'm not going to experience some of the issues others have with losing stones etc. Whether I would buy again from ANY of the jewellry channels I'm not so sure - having read some duff reviews - but had I not read the reviews and seeing the ring in reality I would probably have ordered again without hesitation. My rating above is based on everything I've said here but I accept that had I paid more or expected a better quality then the rating would not have been as good.

• Shopping

Channel Type

• GEMS TV

Best Program

Petlover's Comment

Written on: 10/06/2013

The biggest problem with Gems TV is that they have no quality control. They constantly compare themselves with top quality jewellers, this is like comparing a cheap coat bought on the high street in a "value" shop and a coat from a department store with a good brand name, and guarantee to match. Their stuff is just one up from good old Woollies genuine "paste": at least in those days we knew what we bought had a limited life, and no one pretended otherwise.