Absolute shambles

Guest's review of Water Babies Baby Swimming Classes

“Absolute shambles”

Written on: 02/07/2013

Despite being so excited about starting these classes with my little boy when he was 5 months old, waterbabies has ended up turning into a disaster on so many levels that I have finally given up hope, cancelling my place on the course. Although in the beginning I had lots of positive things to say about the classes and the whole experience this changed very rapidly and all went downhill at great speed. Firstly, they changed the venue at short notice due to problems with the hotel we were based in- this was understandably not their fault and although there were cancelled classes because of it things were sorted fairly quickly. However, after doing an 8 week beginner course more people joined our class and we began doing things that were a massive jump up from what we had been doing- resulting in a horrible experience where i didn't quite manage to catch my little one as we both did an underwater swim that wasn't explained to us properly! This knocked my confidence massively, and after chatting to the other woman I soon found out that they had merged us with a more advanced class without telling us! This meant that we had skipped a whole level and they just didn't to let us know, hoping we wouldn't notice! On complaining, they just said they do this all the time due to class sizes but that it wasn't big deal! If there classes and level structure are as thought out as they claim to be then how can it be possible to skip an entire course and for it not to be an issue!!! When I asked if I could be moved to another class at the level we should have been at, they said it would be to the detriment of my little boy to change his teacher so I stayed put. However a couple of weeks later our teacher changed anyway and they failed to inform us properly about this too! Throughout the course pool temperature has been an absolute nightmare and we have had so many struggles with this. Often my little boy is left shivering and clinging to his mummy as he is so cold. There is also far too much emphasis on going underwater. At first this was all fine but now that he is older he gets so upset and tells me very clearly that he doesn't want to go under but as the class is mainly around this he ends up missing most of it. Although the instructor is often quite pushy in terms of getting him to go underwater even when hes very upset, saying things like - oh just do it anyway! So finally after all this messing around I have decided to leave only to be told that I have to pay a 30 pound cancellation fee even though my next course doesn't start until September! They say its because they have secured my place, even though I am giving them 2 months notice! All of this is actually so sad as all I wanted to do was take my baby swimming and do something really good for him and us both but instead they have turned it into a nightmare. I also know that most of the others are very unhappy with it to and lots have left- infact there are not original ones left anymore. Avoid Waterbabies at all cost. Awful moneygrabbing company!

Ta.ll's Comment

Written on: 06/07/2013

can i please ask where your classes were, and what area..as im a little worried taking my LO as im not very strong in the water myself