Frustrated in Canada

Guest's review of Bestway Steel Pro Frame Pool

Bestway Steel Pro Frame Pool

“Frustrated in Canada”

Written on: 17/07/2013

Purchased a Bestway Steel Pro Frame from Canadian Tire in July 2012. Upon assembly the filter pump was defective and with receipt in hand returned to Canadian Tire and as it had 90 day warranty the filter pump was replaced. The pool was purchased for my 9 yr old grand daughter to enjoy. Living in the Province of New Brunswick in Canada we have harsh winters so the pool was taken down in early fall as per instructions cleaned and very carefully folded and put away. This pool was used for 6 weeks a very short season.
In July of this year,the pool is assembled, the truck has arrived and as the water begins to flow we notice the ground is wet and realize the seam at the bottom of the pool is leaking.
Called Canadian Tire, of course, they advise us of the 90 day warranty and gave us the number for Bestway Customer Service. Speaking to someone from Arizona, after hearing my story said the pool should not have been taken down. Really? Clearly the pool is defective, not from a puncture, or misuse but in the manufacture and materials used in the construction. Did I happen to mention the pool cost $500, cost for truck and water $250, the time to level the ground and a very disappointed 9 year old. I have known Canadian Tire to not stand behind their products they sell but Bestway Pools!!!!!

Myko1's Comment

Written on: 30/07/2013

I live in the UK. I also have an above ground pro frame pool. In my case it is the top seam that is coming apart, if it were to fail it could cause serious injury as this pool contains 10 tons of water. Bestway customer service are useless, as it's out of warranty they do not want to know. My advise.: DO NOT BUY A BESTWAY PRO FRAME POOL, they are a potential safety hazard. Just to add , this pool has been looked after properly and not abused.