produce fine, rude arrogant staff in local branch

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

shopperlady's review of Waitrose

“produce fine, rude arrogant staff in local branch”

Written on: 08/06/2014 by shopperlady (1 review written)

I used to LOVE waitrose - it's my closest supermarket and I really trust the provenance of the meat and fish. However over the last two years my local branch(north Finchley has really gone down hill customer service wise. I think it's actually a victim of it's own success. The branch is always packed so they really don't have to be too careful about how they treat their customers. On numerous occasions I have been trying to get to something and have faced a blockade of youngsters chatting about their social calendar. Some of the senior staff are no better, surly and extremely unhelpful. I have noticed that other branches near me are far better. That said I would not usually buy any prepacked fruit/salads/veg in Waitrose - it seems to have a very short shelf life and the salads are often going brown. As for ready meals, forget it! On the whole, M&S far superior and cheaper.

• North Finchley

Branch Visited

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Elderflower2's Response to shopperlady's Review

Written on: 22/04/2015

I am very sad to here that this store has deteriorated. It used to be my local store and was excellent many years ago. At my current Waitrose the staff are lovely and I have never once seen a brown salad. Really surprised and disappointed at this.

Elderflower2's reply to Elderflower2's Comment