produce fine, rude arrogant staff in local branch

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

shopperlady's review of Waitrose

“produce fine, rude arrogant staff in local branch”

Written on: 08/06/2014 by shopperlady (1 review written)

I used to LOVE waitrose - it's my closest supermarket and I really trust the provenance of the meat and fish. However over the last two years my local branch(north Finchley has really gone down hill customer service wise. I think it's actually a victim of it's own success. The branch is always packed so they really don't have to be too careful about how they treat their customers. On numerous occasions I have been trying to get to something and have faced a blockade of youngsters chatting about their social calendar. Some of the senior staff are no better, surly and extremely unhelpful. I have noticed that other branches near me are far better. That said I would not usually buy any prepacked fruit/salads/veg in Waitrose - it seems to have a very short shelf life and the salads are often going brown. As for ready meals, forget it! On the whole, M&S far superior and cheaper.

• North Finchley