Where's My Money

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Waitrose

“Where's My Money”

Written on: 01/05/2012

We shop online. Over the past 3 years we have stayed with Waitrose Eastbourne in spite of ongoing problems with the orders. Often we were paying for products that did not arrive. I always check the order & phoned when things were missing. The money was always returned (it would have been preferable to have the products). Earlier this year we tried Tesco for a couple of months and had an excellent experience apart from having to pay for delivery. We were seduced back to Waitrose ONLY by the free delivery for orders over £50.00. Nearly our entire meat order had been substituted. The driver took the rejected products away and we are still waiting more than 2 weeks later for a refund. I rang the 800 number a week after the order was delivered and there was no record that the driver had returned the products. I was told that the Eastbourne shop would be contacted and the refund should be expected by the end of the week. The products at Waitrose are fine but the service is terrible. There should be a no star rating! Free delivery is pointless when products are either not delivered or refunds withheld. We will not shop with Waitrose again.

• Online shopping through Eastbourne store

Branch Visited

• Quality of service

Guest's Comment

Written on: 06/05/2012

I have had exactly the same experience via Gillingham. Waited 3 weeks and made 3 phone calls to get a refund. Currently have waited a month for refund of nondelivered goods. Wrote to Head Office to complain about the abysmal service three weeks back - still awaiting an answer. Back to Sainsbury/Asda for me.