Tesco has no respect for honest customers!

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Tesco

“Tesco has no respect for honest customers!”

Written on: 29/03/2012

Needed to buy petrol as only had 8 miles worth left, pulled up behind the pumps and then discovered I had left my purse at home so no money/no plastic/no ID and not enough petrol to get home. Thought 'honesty is the best policy' so went to tell the kiosk staff about my predicament; they phoned their manager who told them not to let me have any petrol at all!!! Apparently, if you are in this situation you are supposed to be dishonest, fill up with petrol and then say you cant pay - fill in a form, drive off with a full tank and pay later. Took me 20 minutes of begging/pleading/grovelling with store manager for him to let me have £5.00 worth of petrol to get me home and back. The petrol store manager RACHEL HART could have let me have a tankful and filled in the form etc but didnt have the common sense/empathy/compassion/intelligence to work out that, if I was going to steal the stuff I wouldnt have told them I couldnt pay before filling up! 'Every little helps'? Dont think so. Filled the tank at a rival supermarket instead.

• BRADFORD EXTRA