Not fresh Produce

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

stus's review of Sainsburys

“Not fresh Produce”

Written on: 19/10/2012 by stus (1 review written)

I shopped online with Sansbury for the first time as we live in a rural area , I believed what I would save shopping online would make up the price difference as we have always felt that they are more expensive than the others though their produce is always fresh and seemed better.
When my shopping arrived the driver was polite and courteous good start. He explained the what had been sustituted and an item with a short shelve life. I had happened to go to the store the previous day as I needed shopping for that night while there I looked at what I had ordered and the sell by dates which where good long shelf life. The fresh veg and bread that was delivered the the next day was older than that i had seen previous day. I did tele customner service to explain this before I had noticed exactly how much had a short shelf life and was given an evoucher which you can only use online. Because of the short shelf lifes I emailed their customer services the reply i got did not answer the actual question but gave a stock reply. I replied to this and got another reply it stated this"If we experience a spike in sales of certain items before a new delivery of the same goods, instore customers are likely to have already selected the products with the longest shelf life leaving only the shorter life items. This will mean that our personal shopper will only have the remaining (shorter life) items to select your groceries." In other words shopping online does not give you the freshest produce that the advertise the give online shoppers what is left. I also want to add thatwhen I had visited the store late in the day and there was plenty of produce with good shelf life.

I will now not be back the evoucher is of no good to me

• Online Stirling