BEWARE SHOPPING IN LIDLS - CUSTOMER SERIOUS INJURY HOT OFFER

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Pritchard187's review of Lidl

“BEWARE SHOPPING IN LIDLS - CUSTOMER SERIOUS INJURY HOT...”

Written on: 25/08/2014 by Pritchard187 (1 review written)

This is my story of a visit to of the Lidl Paignton Devon Branch 3 weeks ago, as I made my way to the checkout the gentleman on the checkout put up a sign indicating checkout closing. I was just about turn towards the next checkout, when suddenly and without warning tripped over a large pack of water bottles that had been abandoned by the checkout. I had no chance to steady myself and I fell forwards and finally landed with a crash on my front. As I did, my ribs and knees slammed into the hard floor.

Fortunately as the store was full of the shoppers in the queue, who saw what happened they came to my aide. While trying to get up with the help of some of the customers, a member staff managed to locate a Duty Manager. A member of staff found the water and the Manager apologised and stated it should never of happened!

I was physically shaken and to add to my further shock was taken, not to somewhere private, or somewhere I could sit down and gather some composure, but instead I was escorted to an empty checkout where I stood holding my side in excruciating pain. I felt like someone had taken a baseball bat and hit me as hard as they could as the Duty Manager proceeded to fill out an accident form WITH MY PRIVATE DETAILS in full view and hearing of everyone in the store.

To date all I have is my GP diagnoses of fractured ribs, and some bruising is still evident and a "sorry to hear - we will be in touch" letter from Lidls HQ - Sorry Lidls clearly customer care is not what you pride yourselves on and I am now engaging with solicitor who will be in touch quicker than you!

• Paignton Devon