• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Asda

“After-sales Service Definitely Appalling.”

Written on: 20/06/2014

After-sales Service Definitely Appalling.
We purchased a garden furniture set priced at £499 plus £14.95 for named day service, firstly the furniture was not delivered on the named day, when it was delivered we found one of the chairs were damaged, we emailed customer service same day, we had email back saying that they will get back in touch with us, [as we all know problems like this happen, but to Asda Direct they make it into a disaster,] with a few emails and phone calls customers services said we could have a full refund or a refund on the chair, they offered £10 refund for damage on the chair with no movement we decided to return all the furniture for full refund,
THEN we see the real Asda, telling us we have to repack the furniture and until the furniture was back in their warehouse, only then will we have a refund of £499. We then asked as our delivery date was not meet for the £14.95 to be refunded, with two letters to there head office,and six emails to customer service all of which we had no reply, we then turned to Trading Standards for help, who told us Asda have no right under the DISTANCE SELLING DIRECTIVE to hold back any of my money, that includes any delivery charge, Citizen Advice told me what I needed to say in my final email to Asda, this was followed by a return email saying my £14.95 will be refunded with a £15 good will gesture. My advice to any one buying from Asda Direct which looks a good deal DON’T. THIRTEEN EMAILS. TWO LETTERS. TWO PHONE CALLS. AND A GREAT DEAL OF TIME THAT’S WHY I SAY A.S.D.A.