Why Aldi Cost Me £70 More Than Morrisons

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Eurekaman's review of Aldi

“Why Aldi Cost Me £70 More Than Morrisons”

Written on: 20/01/2017 by Eurekaman (1 review written)

DON'T PARK at Aldi Fakenham if the Car Park Registration System's Not Working.

I just received a Penalty Charge form ParkingEye (Aldi's friendly parking attendants) for £70.

WHY?  On 6th Jan the car park registration system was broke
- In store staff told customers not to worry - ignore it
- I stayed 1 hr 2min. But despite a sign saying free parking extends to 1 hr 30 mins, there kind parking attendants sent a threatening letter demanding £70 or legal action.

Wish I'd gone to Morrisons now, because a) they don't have spy cameras, and b) £72 is the most expensive lunchtime snack I've ever bought.

Wrote to Aldi. Wait to see what happens - I'm not holding my breath!

Pixeldonkey's Response to Eurekaman's Review

Written on: 07/03/2017

They have no legal right and harass people. They make me sick.

Sayitasitis2012's Response to Eurekaman's Review

Written on: 17/03/2017

let the local newspapers know about it and ask them to contact Aldi on your behalf for a comment. Adverse publicity is the last thing they want.
Also have a look on Google for websites that help out people in your predicament with some excellent advice.
As its some 3 months since you posted I thought you would have heard something by now.
I have only just noted your date of posting so my initial advice regarding newspapers would hold no interest to them due to the time lapse.

Localdiner's Response to Eurekaman's Review

Written on: 08/03/2017

HI, this has happened to me before, don't worry. First of all you received the ticket because you are the car owner. This is a contract between the driver and the carpark. You must not lie not you can withhold information for example write back and say that you are indeed the owner but you were not the driver. That's it! They cannot pursue the claim against the owner and you are not responsible to declare who the driver is. I got 2 letters asking fro the driver details and both times I said it is not my responsibility to inform you who the driver was. I never lied!

Warning the only exception is if you get a "Real" council parking ticket, you just have to pay. Most supermarkets are private companies so have very little rights unless they can prove who the driver was, NOT the car owner. Check it out on line

Localdiner's Response to Eurekaman's Review