Love this product

Guest's review of Piz Buin Tan Intensifier

Piz Buin Tan Intensifier

“Love this product”

Written on: 03/06/2011

I stocked up on Piz Buin tan intensifier before a holiday to Gran Canaria earlier this month. I have fair skin that is difficult to tan so bought this product because I wanted to make the most of the tan I could get from a week’s holiday. I used spf 30 for the first half of the week then switched to spf 15 and used the tan intensifier after sun in the evening. I can't fault this product at all I didn’t burn and have come home with a lovely golden tan, maybe even the best tan I’ve ever had. The lotion has a nice scent is easy to apply. It is hydrating and moisturising but not greasy and is easily absorbed. I have recommended it to all my friends.

After reading other reviews claiming this and other Piz Buin products caused rashes, swelling and blisters I was really concerned about using this product and was actually very scared that I would have some horrible allergic reaction that would ruin my holiday; but after considered the following things I carried out a patch test before I took the product on holiday:

1- Piz Buin is a leading brand manufactured by one of the best known company’s Johnston and Johnston so I’m sure it must have been well tested before being put on sale and if some chemical in the product can cause allergic reactions it must be in a very small minority of people. After all they do want to sell the product not ruin the company’s brand loyalty.

2- If you have a horrible terrible allergic reaction to a product of course you’re going to write a review warning other people, where as very few people will review to say it worked fine unless they were really impressed.

So to summarise, I really like this product and would definitely recommend it because it gave me a lovely tan and protected me from the sun. However it seems it has caused allergic reactions in some people so I would advise carrying out a patch test before smothering yourself in it :).

• Mild and nice