No more heat rash

Guest's review of Piz Buin In Sun Allergy Lotion

Piz Buin In Sun Allergy Lotion

“No more heat rash”

Written on: 23/07/2013

About 12 years ago I started to develop prickly heat whenever I sat in direct sunlight on a hot day for more than 10 minutes. Anyone who suffers from this problem knows how uncomfortable and itchy it can be, not to mention unsightly. I would then have to stay out of the sun or wear long sleeved clothes to cover up which is a nightmare when it is hot outside. The last time I went on a sun holiday was 10 years ago and I got such severe heat rash that I had to be given a steroid injection as antihistamines were not strong enough to treat it. Since then I have spent years avoiding the sun and covering up while everyone is out enjoying the good weather. I recently read online that using sunscreen with UVB protection can help prevent prickly heat so I bought some Piz Buin Allergy 50+ last week. Yesterday I decided to put it to the test and sat outside in the sun for 1.5 hours. It was 26 degrees celsius but I did not burn and did not develop any rash whatsoever. I cannot even describe how happy I am to have found this product. It really works. I am just home from sitting out in the park in the sunshine for the whole afternoon and again there is no sign of prickly heat. I never thought I would be able to enjoy the sunshine again like other people but now I can.

• Didn't mind the scent