Piz Buin with Helioplex

• Texture

• Water Resistance

Guest's review of Piz Buin In Sun Allergy Lotion

Piz Buin In Sun Allergy Lotion

“Piz Buin with Helioplex”

Written on: 01/12/2012

I bought this suntan lotion Xmas time 2 years ago for my 2 week beach holiday. Came out in a itchy prickly rash on my arms and where I had placed the lotion, I didnt click that it was the suntan lotion causing the reaction. Just initially, thought it was heat, so I then used cream on my face and woke up in middle of night with face burning.I'd swollen up like a basket ball, eyes half shut, my skin red raw with raised red skin burning lumps over my face. I made my husband drive me immediately to Doctor and managed to get the first appointment. I then spent 3 days locked up in side at my house, my holiday ruined. As I looked so revolting and face was so itchy swollen and blotchy. Anyway I was prescribed prednizone steriods and other drugs to get rid of it, which eventually it did work. However had the Worst holiday Ive ever had and when I contacted the place where I bought it. They didnt really want to know about it. I'm really annoyed about this even two years later , the memories and pain and the horrific mess it made of my face. I've also read on someones web site that now Johnson and Johnson NZ dont import this stuff because they used the excuse that it wasn't selling enough. I think maybe it may have been because of the complaints they received. Also read that someone else is importing it. From my experience and also from others on the web this is not good sun tan lotion and it can really wreck your holiday. Just want it known that years ago I did use this sun tan lotion and no reaction, so what ever new stuff they put it in it is scary, It was powerful stuff.It was Definitely Piz Buin with Helioplex low allerginic so called tested made in Greece that was the scary stuff.
I only use suntan lotions for babies and kids now with Zinc and Titanium Dioxide cos I'm so scared of the reaction that you can have. They tell me once you have had one allergic reaction ,the next one can be worse.