Itchy, bumpy rash - AVOID

• Texture

• Water Resistance

Guest's review of Piz Buin 1 Day Long Sun Cream Lotion

Piz Buin 1 Day Long Sun Cream Lotion

“Itchy, bumpy rash - AVOID”

Written on: 13/06/2013

I used this for an afternoon's sunbathing in the garden - in the UK so we're not talking all that hot! Just applied to arms, neck, upper chest and face.
By the evening I started to notice a few itchy bumps of the insides of my elbows. The following day there were a few more. Within 48 hours I was covered everywhere I had applied the cream with an itchy lumpy and blotchy rash. It was insanely itchy. Bought anti itch creams which didn't really work, then tried antihistamines which reduced the swollen appearance of the rash but did nothing to make the bumpy, pimply quality go away. It's now 5 days on, I have still got the rash. I am trying to cover up as best I can and not scratch. Oh my goodness, AVOID AVOID AVOID - or at the very least do a patch test. This rash could ruin a holiday! I will never use Piz Buin again. I never write reviews on products - can't be bothered normally, but had to make an exception for this awful suncream.

• Didn't mind the scent

Scent

• First time

Length of Use

Teresamullen's Comment

Written on: 13/06/2013

I have just had same reaction after returning from holiday 4 days ago. My arms, neck, chest & arms are a mess with lumpy blotches, red itchy spots that bleed bcz I can't stop scratching. Went to chemist & advised to mix E45 cream with a few drops of pure tea tree oil which I apply morning & night & E45 itch cream at hand during the day for when the itching starts again. My 3 week holiday in Turkiye was marred by this condition & it is only now starting to ease a little. I was also using factor 15 and will never ever use Piz Buin sun creamin my life again.

Mamanp's Comment

Written on: 18/06/2013

I also used Piz Buin 1 Day Long factor 30 lotion on Sunday 3rd June. I intended to cut the grass so covered my face,arms and neck. Before I'd finished I thought how hot I felt but put it down to the physical task . That evening I developed a hot,itchy bumpy rash. By Monday morning I was in extreme discomfort so went to the doctor. I was prescribed a strong anti histamine but didn't link it to the sun lotion-after all you put it on to prevent sun burn! By Monday morning my face was very swollen,hot and very itchy. I put ice packs on my face to relieve the pain/itch. I went back to the Doctor who put me on steroid tablets-st ill not linking it to the lotion-until I went onto the Internet."Helioplex" was added about 5 years ago and since then many people have had an adverse reaction to it. They have contacted Johnson and Johnson as have I. As yet with no reply. I can't understand why they still have not put a warning on and advising to do a patch test before using it. I would advise anyone to steer clear of this product.

Yvettelou's Comment

Written on: 19/06/2013

Find this hard to beleive, I have very pake majorly sensitive skin (hubby often jokes that I'm allergic to myself!) and I have used this for the last 4 or 5 years and never had any reaction or burning with it. On the other hand I can't use ambre solair, any shops own brands or banana boat. Seems like you got very unlucky.