Service is not on the menu

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

speedyfreak's review of Swan Inn, Barnby

“Service is not on the menu”

Written on: 29/08/2012 by speedyfreak (1 review written)

The Swan Inn is a Pub that does grub, I’ve eaten here in the past and the unique draw was good a quality fish menu.

We were greeted at the bar and handed menus also spotting a large chalk board array of specials. Too much info but not a great choice. The waitress was inattentive throughout the meal and appeared untrained almost rude.
There were six in my party; I had the Skate wing, my wife son and father in law the cod, mother in law the place and son crab. The skate cod and plaice were best described as fish shop quality but large portions, the crab was terrible and all the accompanying portions of chips salads etc. of average quality the chips not even up to chip shop standard the table was greasy and dirty as was the cutlery and gasses.
Disappointing experience Overpriced pub grub. Wont be rushing back unless i hear of major changes.

• British

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Casual

Atmosphere

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Hexer123's Response to speedyfreak's Review

Written on: 28/09/2012

I think you will find it has changed, I ate there last week and had two small dover soles as did my sister, my aunt had the plaice, both were excellent, the plaice the fattest I had ever seen. This was served with home made chips in a bowl in the middle of the table together with a side salad which I must say left a lot to be desired but overall the food was excellent. They served fresh french stick at the table and the waitress service was really good. I would definately recommend it again.
Hexer 123