A romantic little gem in the heart of Beccles

From 1 review
  • Quality of service

• Quality of food

madcat's review of Swan House, Beccles

“A romantic little gem in the heart of Beccles”

Written on: 04/09/2012 by madcat (36 reviews written)

It was our 2nd wedding anniversary and when my husband said were going to a restuarant in Beccles my heart sank as we had visited most of the restaurants before and they were poor to say the least.
But how wrong could i be! You walk past a lovely terrace and enter the building into a quaint room with 2 sofas and a large tv playing old films (such a relaxing atmosphere). we went through another door and spoke to a friendly lady at the bar who showed us to our table.
Our table was in the room with the bar, there was a large open fireplace with huge comfy sofas. A local artists paintings adorn the walls.
The evening we went there was an amaizing guitarist who you could just lose yourself in the music to (first time Ive understood this saying).
All food is locally sourced and freshly prepared, we got two courses for £13.50 which is brilliant value as there food is to die for. The staff are just perfect, attentative but without being too in your face. Our waitress reccomended a wine to me and it was beautiful.
This is now my favourite place to be and we plan to be regulars

• British

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Intimate