Army Barracks or Restaurant?

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Shepherd and Dog, Ipswich

“Army Barracks or Restaurant?”

Written on: 22/09/2011

This restaurant has all the regimentation of an army barracks, When you enter, the manager stands at the entrance, when he deems to look up at you from what he is doing he TELLS you to wait in the bar area, when asked if we could sit at a table as I had a disabled person with me he said he didn't know which table we would be sitting at so we had to sit in the bar. (there were empty restaurant tables clearly visible from the entrance). This clearly is a ploy to encourage you to spend more money while you wait to be called as you would have to finish your drinks or carry them to the restaurant when called. There were no clean tables in the bar area to sit at so we had to clear one of dessert dishes and glasses and as we sat down the manager came over and told me to move my car in the car park (It was not in a position causing any problem) as I guess it didn't fall into his regimentation. We moved the car and left. The whole experience gave the impression that the manager was doing you a favour to allow you to eat there. They definitely have no compassion for the disabled. I should have read the other reviews here before I went.

• British

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Casual