The staff at Firth Point are bullies

• Cleanliness

Guest's review of Huddersfield, Firth Point

“The staff at Firth Point are bullies”

Written on: 18/12/2012

The only things that are good about Firth Point are that it is right next to the University of Huddersfield and the rent includes unlimited Internet, electricity, water and heating. Other than that, living Firth Point is worse than living at home if you brothers and sisters you don't get on with.

The reception staff are bullies, if you stand up to them they are like "We're treating you the same as we treat everyone else" and other stupid excuses. If you have a disability (e.g. Asperger's Syndrome) they'd really bully you. One time they barged into my room and criticised me on how untidy my room was. I was in the middle of tidying it anyway.

I have Asperger's syndrome. We let them know from day one that I had it and when there was an incident we had a meeting and they accused us of not telling them. Also after the incident, one of the receptionists said I was not in trouble but then they gave me an "amber letter" which means one more incident and I'm out.

I wanted to stay near the Uni so I tried rebooking for next year but they wouldn't let me and that goes against the Disability Discrimination Act. They also sent a letter to my Guarantor accusing me of using illegal drugs when I've never even used any in my life. I have had enough of the bullying and harassment I have had from the Firth Point staff so I'm moving out!

So my word of advice to everyone is do not go to Firth Point or Snow Island in Huddersfield especially if you have autism.

• On Suite

Room Facilities

• Cleanliness

Otherhand's Comment

Written on: 17/07/2013

Calm down

Written on: 18/07/2013

From 1 October 2010 the Equality Act offers you protection from disability discrimination. If you are disabled and the reason that are being evicted is because of something to do with your disability then you will be protected by the Equality Act. For example, you may have a mental condition that affects the way you behave, if you are being evicted because of this behaviour then you will be protected.

Written on: 18/07/2013

So endangering other flat mates is acceptable? Either the other four of us get kicked out for being tormented or he leaves because he is tormenting. I accept that this may be down to his disability. But, this may also be down to his personality. I feel discriminated against as I am not classed as "disabled" and therefore have to be subjected to living in such conditions. It's a two-way thing. I had to live through it for half a term, scared all the time.

Jimabb's Comment

Written on: 18/07/2013

the place should be shut down!

Written on: 17/07/2013

I do not believe this is an accurate portrayal of the staff working in Snow Island or Firth Point. [Name removed] works hard and was a great help to me when I had problems there. If they were discriminating against you, then why why not elaborate on the situation if it is not worthy of being kicked out over?

Written on: 18/07/2013

They kicked me out because I'm autistic. It is against the law to do that. If you don't think that's discrimination I don't know what is.

Written on: 18/07/2013

That was the definite reason? There was no other incidences? Are you sure? Tell me, was you in B block?

Written on: 18/07/2013

I don't know you so I'm not going to answer that question. What business is it of yours anyway?

Written on: 18/07/2013

Had that been the case, then I was your flatmate and know this review is not accurate.

Written on: 18/07/2013

That's about as accurate as it can get. Which flatmate were you?

Written on: 18/07/2013

I don't agree. I'm the one that endured you breaking my things in the kitchen, being shouted at aggressively and enduring your poor hygiene. And worse of all, I'm the one who had to listen and say nothing against your sexest comments, because I would be "discriminating" against you. You were not kicked out being you had Autism. You were kicked out because you were aggressive to your other flatmates, and the staff.