Good idea, but poorly made

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

1533ramsay's review of Redfern Eurosteam

“Good idea, but poorly made”

Written on: 21/03/2013 by 1533ramsay (1 review written)

I am a man and I iron my cloths and the families cloths too.
When I saw this iron I felt like I owed it to myself to spend the money.
I purchased an I pad the same year and told everyone this iron was by far my #1 purchase in 2011. Today I was ironing my shirt and the iron burned the palm of my hand.
Steam escape out of the cord and handle area and really did a nice job burning the palm of my hand.
Call Red Fern. Talked to Elona, and she said its out of warranty and I would have to pay to have it fixed. Told her I had cheap irons last three time longer than this $200.00 iron. Also told her I was needing to go to a Dr to look at the palm of my hand.
So she gave me an RA # to send in to look at the iron.
I'll keep you posted on what happens.
Folks, a good quality product should not do this. More than half of the reviews on this product says the iron handle gets to hot. As I am writing this review, I realized this product does not have a UL listing.
That's NOT good.
I loved this iron for over a year and could not figure out why this product is not backed by a big name like Martha Stewart or QVC. I bet you because it does not have a UL backing is why it's not an everyday name for irons.
I'll keep you posted.
Could not rate service/support until I hear back from the company.

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For:

• Work very fast a getting wrinkles out of cloths

Special Features