DOES NOT LAST!

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Redfern Eurosteam

“DOES NOT LAST!”

Written on: 14/03/2013

The iron is great to use WHEN IT WORKS!! I loved the way it did not burn but just pressed so easily.
However, I have had 2 of them in the last 10 years and both quit working even though I did the clean out with vinegar. Much too expensive as it does not last!!. I recently bought a new iron which is less then one quarter of the price--I miss the steaming but just will not pay that money for only 4-5 years of ironing. I can see why others gave it such a poor review and wished I had seen the reviews before.

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Written on: 21/03/2013

Our iron leaks steam through the handle. It burned my hand. What's up! I call the 800 # all they say is its not in warranty and to mail it back in for repair. Ask about how much to repair and they will not say. I love the iron. But, its got to work longer than a year for the money.

Written on: 18/04/2013

If you have had the unit for under a year it is still under warranty and all you have to pay is the shipping both ways. That is easy.

I don't know why you would expect to get the repair cost over the phone, they would need to see and test your iron in order to know what repairs to do. They called me 2 days after receiving my iron, gave me the repair cost, I paid and it was shipped back. In all it was done in 7 business days.

Written on: 19/04/2013

No, I had the unit for over 1.5 years.
The Iron had a malfunction and the tube that carries the steam to the plate of the iron broke and carried the full blast of steam through the inside of the unit and come out the handle and burned my hand.
I sent the iron in to the company and they agreed that this is a danger and replaced the unit promptly.
I am very satisfied. Now I have to write a response to everyone.
thanks,

Written on: 19/04/2013

This is a reply to my comment on my Iron that burned my hand.
I call the company and they gave me an RA# to mail the unit back to them to check it out.
When they received the unit they call me promptly. The units tube that carries the steam to the hot plate broke and caused the steam to travel through the unit and out the handle. They said they would replace the unit with a new one. I got the new unit in the mail in about 5 days. They did charge me 19.00 for the shipping. The customer rep was very nice and included a few O ring gaskets for the new unit.
I have been using the new unit for a few weeks now and I AM VERY HAPPY TO HAVE IT BACK.

Written on: 18/04/2013

I would send in both of the units and have repairs done. I have had mine repaired and it was well worth the money. Similar to buying a car...you have to pay to maintain it or it will not work for you.

Phylmer's Comment

Written on: 25/06/2013

I'm glad you're happy and think it's perfectly fine (and normal) to send in products for repair. Let me just share our experience. There are 3 of us all with the same complaint. We are all experienced quilters and have ironed quilts or clothes all our lives so I think we know what an iron should and shouldn't do. We all purchased our Eurosteam irons at a quilting show and within 3-4 months, all of us began complaining the handles were so hot two of us were using hot pads. I cleaned mine according to directions...several times, did nothing different from when I first purchased it, but it still got too hot to handle. You should not have to risk 3rd degree burns to get your seams to lay flat. Their answer? Pay more money by paying shipping both ways, then pay repairs and hope it works and doesn't do this again. We've already made one bad mistake....I think spending money on a good Rowenta and doing all we can so others don't make the same mistake seems a much wiser way to go. Just like cars, some models are lemons and are recalled....the Eurosteam iron should not be on the market.