A Miniature Old Faithful

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

grannykwilts's review of Redfern Eurosteam

“A Miniature Old Faithful”

Written on: 01/06/2012 by grannykwilts (1 review written)

I mean it blows it's gasket at regular intervals unless I keep the steam valve open. I have been sent three new safety caps by the company but each is the same. After taking it to Ace Hardware I was assured that the O ring was seating properly and they suspected the problem was a flawed spring in the cap that was suppose to only "explode steam" to keep the iron from exploding. Now that was informative, helpful and probably very true. I wish I had read these reviews BEFORE I paid $216.00 for this iron. I wish the company would design a different safety cap that would work on the iron that I have. That would go a long way to restoring my faith in Vendors at Quilt Shows.

Ednashappy's Response to grannykwilts's Review

Written on: 15/06/2012

Is there any chance that you are leaving your iron on but not used for more than 10 minutes at a time? There is a note to quilters on the bottom half of page 9 that says to press the steam button every 10 minutes that it is not in use but plugged in or the safety feature in the screw cap will release the steam through the screw cap. Personally I am glad that the safety feature is there.

Ednashappy's Response to grannykwilts's Review

Written on: 15/06/2012

It sounds like the safety inside of your cap is blowing. Is there any chance that you are leaving the unit on for more than 10 minutes without releasing the steam? It sounds like you are a quilter and I noticed in my manual that there is a note to quilters near the bottom of page 9 that says to press the steam button every 10 minutes or so or it may release the steam through the screw plug as a safety feature. I have really enjoyed using mine and have never had an issue with the screw cap.