It certainly needs to be treated right ...

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guitarmom's review of Redfern Eurosteam

“It certainly needs to be treated right ...”

Written on: 17/04/2012 by Guitarmom (1 review written)

I'm actually pretty happy with the Eurosteam Evolution Iron. I found this review site the day *after* I'd bought a Eurosteam, and I thought, "Uh oh. Have I made and expensive mistake?"

But I've owned and used the Eurosteam for over a month now, and I have none of the problems I've read about in other reviews. Mine doesn't leak steam, it doesn't spit on my fabric, and the handle only warms up when I leave the iron unused and on for an extended period. It cools quickly once I release some steam.

Reading the negative reviews here made me realize that I had better pay really close attention to the User Guide. I found out that this iron needs to be treated differently from most irons we're used to. How?
- You need to empty it between uses every time.
- You store it with the Safety Cap *off*. They say that's so that the steam chamber can "breathe;" I suspect it's to prevent rust by drying out.
- You must always rest the iron horizontally, never on its heel.

So that's how I've been caring for my Eurosteam, and in return it's been a great iron. It does iron multiple layers for me, and it does produce copious amounts of steam when I need it. I do think it's overpriced, but I am really happy with its performance.

Did I make an expensive mistake? No, just an expensive purchase.

• 1 - 6 months

Owned Product For:

Guest's Response to Guitarmom's Review

Written on: 01/05/2012

My iron should arrive this week and I'm looking forward to using it. Thanks for your review. I did pay attention to the demonstrator and yes you do have to treat this iron differently. I will be reading the user guide carefully.