Modern Day Ironing Equivalent of Snake Oil

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Redfern Eurosteam

“Modern Day Ironing Equivalent of Snake Oil”

Written on: 29/03/2012

My mother purchased this iron for me as a gift. I did not have the heart to tell her she was hoodwinked and robbed at the home show where she purchased this joke for two-hundred dollars.

Everything about this iron is third-rate from its manufacturing to its performance. Redfin's videos are also disingenuous as they say it is made in Italy. It is not, it is supposedly "Designed in Italy", but it is manufactured in China. There are now some excellently produced Chinese products, this is not one of them. However, having high-end goods from Italy that truly qualify as fit to use in this category I can state that this iron will never perform to the levels they boast. Why? Simply put, you cannot get the level of performance needed with such a small water boiler; a boiler that is not made of high standards and materials; lack of quality materials and craftsmanship. This is nothing more than a cheaply made product that is falsely conveyed as being able to perform at a level that it cannot do given the price point it is manufactured, designed, and lack of any serious engineering. (It likely cost no more than thirty dollars to manufacturer a unit of this low-quality.)

Real irons in this category are manufactured by LauraStar and now Miele. You can also purchase an iron accessory for some of the more serious vapor cleaners such Daimer and Dupray.

P.S. There are reasons why the O-rings are failing, but I am not going to divulge that here because this product needs to be taken off the market as it is an endangerment to consumers. All the makings of bodily injury are present: high-heat, scalding water/vapor, cheap materials, cheaply made. Also, I would be willing to wager that the Eurosteam irons demonstrated at the home shows are modified.

• 6 - 12 months

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

1533Ramsay's Comment

Written on: 21/03/2013

Wow, after having this iron for more than a year. I believe your words.
It has not exploded on me like other reviews. However, the steam is going through the iron and has burned my hand. I will not,et my 9 yr old daughter use the iron. Fear for her safety.
I have called the company and got no resolved. After reading these reviews. I think in need to call an attorney and see what can be done that might wake them up.