UST GG5500 (5500W) portable generator gas leak at first test

Guest's review of UST GG5500

“UST GG5500 (5500W) portable generator gas leak at...”

Written on: 20/02/2013

I bought this machine from Walmart, North Windham, CT on 2/7/13 for winter storm. The saler told me that the machine is a returned one and never been used and it was tested at Walmart without any problem. They gave me $50 discount and I paid $450 for the machine. Since there was no other generator left, I determined to get it. I did not use it since the storm did not cause any power outage. I tested it on 2/18/13. I could start the machine and the voltage was normal. It is 120V without load and 116V with a vaccum cleaner power on. A energy saving bulb did not work well when powered by this generator (flashing). I was happy until I found the gas leak at the bottom of carburetor. There is a small device at the bottom of the carburetor with two wires on it. The gas leak may be from there. After I stopped the machine, the leak contined until no more gas left. I called the store and told them the problem. I was told that to bring the machine to the store and they will help me. I took the machine over there and require to return it. After checking the machine, I was told that I could not return it and had to bring the machine back home. The person who checked the machine told me that too much oil in the machine. Actually, I did not put any oil in the machine, since I was told that the machine has oil in it when I bought. I called the manager of the store about the machine next day. The store finally accetp my request and refound me. If all information given to me by Walmart is correct, this brand generator is not good.