Steve Haze Review

Phil1975's review of Steve Haze Paramotoring, Redhill

“Steve Haze Review”

Written on: 16/04/2013 by Phil1975 (1 review written)

I learned to fly with Steve Haze. Here are my impressions:

The first thing that struck me about Steve is that he is a very genuine character, who has a clear passion for the sport. However safety is also something he pushes right from the start. I felt that because of these qualities I would train with Steve, as opposed to other local schools.

I think Steve's instructional style is sometimes direct and this is sometimes what is needed. If I was ever about to unknowingly do something potentially unsafe then I was sometimes firmly told to drop the wing, but then we would discuss where I had gone wrong so that I could correct any errors and continue safely. Personally I would rather have a firm, safe instructor than someone who is willing to watch someone do something potentially unsafe.
If you can't take a bit of banter (or give it back) then you may have to think about weather knitting might be a more suitable activity for you!

I was only allowed to fly when Steve felt I was ready and not when I thought I was enough of a hero. However I progressed reasonably quickly because I committed 100 percent to the training, this is the real key to success. If you leave it too long between training sessions then you tend to forget things & end up having to spend time getting back up to the standard you were at beforehand.

I have been flying just over a year now & would consider Steve to be a mate because he has always taken an interest in my flying & I know he is always at the end of the telephone for advice.
Interestingly, since Getting signed off I have been lucky enough to be able to fly in various parts of the country & with various groups of pilots I have seen many of the (numerous) techniques for handling wings etc & I can honestly say that the techniques the I have been taught are the best and most up to date of what I have seen.

I would have to say that the negative review is not a fair representation of Steve as an instructor, in fact reading this reviewers other reviews I would suggest they tend to be very negative & whinging.