amazingly grumpy shop manager

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

duskop's review of The Bike Company - www.thebikecompany.co.uk

“amazingly grumpy shop manager”

Written on: 15/12/2011 by duskop (1 review written)

The guy that sold me the bike was actually nice. But I bought lots of stuff, so there were a couple of minor issues: the light that he gave me was wrong; and he sold me the Kryptonite lock boasting about the anti-theft warranty, but they installed the lock and did not give me the documents to activate the warranty. When I asked about the light, they told me to add another 44 pounds for a set of lights. When I pointed out that I just spent 1000 pounds in their shop, and that I got the wrong light due to their error, they said that they couldn't do anything. So I asked to speak with the manager. The manager's name is Diego, and he immediately slammed his fist on the desk, and said that I made a wrong order. Since I stood my ground, they looked around, found the right light so that was resolved. But then I dared to ask how to activate this Kryptonite anti-theft warranty. Diego wouldn't have any of that from me any more: "The warranty is entirely between you and Kryptonite. We don't have anything to do with that" he screamed. When I said that it sounded like they were talking this Kryptonite warranty up while I was buying the lock, and down after I bought it, he went into a long tirade how he was actually losing money by selling me 1000 pounds of goods, because I bought it through cyclescheme, and this scheme is not paying them enough etcetc. But I found it interesting to try to get the Kryptonite forms after all, and went back to that after he calmed down. It turns out that the lock comes in a box with the forms that need to be completed and sent to Kryptonite. There is no way to do it online, or without a form. And they threw away the packaging of my lock. I asked them to give me the form from another lock, and Diego really didn't like that. Go to this shop only if you want to practice conflict management.

• Windsor