Increasing quote price when you pick bike up

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Hobbsie's review of The Bike Company - www.thebikecompany.co.uk

“Increasing quote price when you pick bike up”

Written on: 30/11/2011 by Hobbsie (8 reviews written)

Booked my bike in for a service to my brakes. They saw my bike beforehand and gave me a price for the small job. When I went to pick my bike up, they had changed the price of the job, saying it took longer and was more complicated than they thought. Did they not think of phoning to advise me of this before they went ahead, like a car service co would do? They also charged me for a full bottle of fluid, which was only partially used.
I explained that they had given me a quote on viewing the brakes on my bike, so should honour it, but they weren't interested and would not hand my bike back without me paying the price they wanted for it. I went there as the price they quoted was not too expensive rather than doing it myself, but if ihad know the price they were going to charge me, I would have done it myself.

This particular store had only just opened so won't be going back there again, nor advising any of my biking friends there either. Terrible customer service by arrogant rude staff. You thought they might have honoured the original price as newly opened to gain new customers!!

• Staines