Excellent customer service

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

timmytank's review of Lanson Running, Kingston

“Excellent customer service”

Written on: 30/11/2011 by timmytank (80 reviews written)

Looked this place up online when I was looking for a new pair of trainers. I decided that I wanted to go a speak to someone who actually knew what they were talking about rather than chose just on look in a JJB or other high street shop.
We went in latish on a Saturday and was welcomed by Matt who spoke to me for a while about the types of things I was going to be doing in my trainers, advised me about injuries I was carrying etc. He asked if I wanted to do an assessment which would be free if I bought some shoes, or £15 if I didn't.
We proceeded and he ran through a number of tests with me and asked loads more questions. He then got out a couple of pairs of shoes for me to try on. I was able to test these on a running machine and in total he probably spent about 45 mins with me making sure I was happy.
I found the pair that he had recommended were perfect for me so bought them there and then.
They were £90 which is the most expensive shoes I have ever bought, but I felt pretty reassured that I was doing the right thing as I had already tested them out a bit. I figured £90 for some great trainers that I had tried, and been advised well on was better value for money then paying £60 or £70 for a pair off the self that I knew nothing about.
Really happy with the service provided and would go back, but hopefully not for a few years!

• Kingston