JD sports are corrupt - buyer beware!!

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Barbygirl66's review of JD Sports

“JD sports are corrupt - buyer beware!!”

Written on: 21/02/2013 by Barbygirl66 (1 review written)

I ordered my husband a nike tracksuit online on 15 december for christmas. I paid the £50 via paypal. The tracksuit was too big and so i took it back to the store to exchange for a smaller size. They would not take back the goods on boxing day (fair enough!) but they wouldnt refund in store anyway as we paid on paypal. We returned home and telephoned their customer services who sent through a returns label and we promptly returned the goods using a collect plus service on 28 december. We ordered and paid a further £50 for the correct size tracksuit which arrived a few days later. On february 19th i received a package and letter. The letter was from jd sports and stated that they were not refunding me as i had sent the goods back outside the 14 day returns period!! The package was the original tracksuit that stated on a label 'not our goods'. I telephoned their customer services quoting my tracking number and proof of postage and stating that goods were indeed returned within the 14 day period. I spoke to a guy named 'john' in customer services who didnt think they had done anything wrong!! (unbelievable!) I asked to speak to his superior but he said he was not prepared to escalate my call any further. I am still £50 out of pocket and it now falls outside the 45 day paypal rule for disputes. I think they deliberately ignored my return to accomodate this fact and furthermore i think they are very corrupt hoping that i would lose my proof of postage so that they do not have to refund my money. I would never ever buy from them again.

• On line

Branch Visited

• £50

• Quality of service

Chezza40's Response to Barbygirl66's Review

Written on: 21/02/2013

I experienced something similar with Bank, who are part of JD. Really poor customer service. Think this sports chain will soon be following JJB into demise.

Tiana12's Response to Barbygirl66's Review

Written on: 11/05/2013

A very similar thing happened to me. After returning the goods, it took nearly 6 weeks for the refund to arrive. The customer support really do think that its a joke when you complain. I believe we had the pleasure of [name removed], they are an absolute joke and I will not buy from then ever again.