No refunds. Ever.

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of JD Sports

“No refunds. Ever.”

Written on: 18/01/2013

I bought a pair of Nike New Fusion Run trainers. I said I did about 15 miles a week running, and asked whether these were "serious running shoes" and they said yes (I do about 15 miles a week). They felt comfortable and well padded, and so last night I tried them out and ran 5 miles and found to my disappointment that they were NOT serious running shoes. They caused pain in the ball of my feet for the last mile - I couldn't wait to get back and take them off. There's no chance of me doing the 10 miles I do each weekend in these. I have run for 20 years and nothing has given me pain like these. So I returned the next day to ask for a refund. I said the shoe is faulty and is not a running shoe. They said it was, and they couldn't give me a refund as there was nothing wrong with them. They fobbed me off with a customer services number to call. This would be a waste of time and money (my cynical instincts tell me it will be a premium rate number) so I won't be doing it. They have already failed the customer service test by not giving me a refund for a genuine complaint. £40 down the toilet. I can't use those running shoes unless I want to ruin my feet. I will be taking this up with Nike themselves. JD Sports will of course not be interested. I expect them to be the next shop to fail with an attitude to customers like this.

• Reading

Branch Visited

• Nike New Fusion Run £40 (sale price)