Woeful courier, & customer service teams who simply lie.

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of JD Sports

“Woeful courier, and customer service teams who simply lie.”

Written on: 07/01/2013

A few days before christmas, I saw an advert for JD Sports offering FREE guaranteed next day delivery on all purchases. Now I'm not usually a customer of JD Sports, but I did happen to need some new gym gear at the time, and they had a few decent trainers at half price which would make excellent gifts. Great, I thought.

Not so. I received a confirmation email almost immediately stating that I had ordered a completely different set of items to that which I had. I called JD to confirm that the order was correct their end, and indeed it was. A minor software glitch, no real problem. The real problem came when it got to 8pm the following day, when the guaranteed next day delivery had not turned up.

So the following day, I called JD again, and asked where my order was. I was told they thought it had beed dispatched, but for some reason it wasn't showing on the tracking system. The helpful gent then said that he would call Hermes to confirm what was going on, and after ten minutes of being on hold he decided they weren't going to pick up, so he would send them an email.

This was when alarm bells started ringing. Hermes is not to be confused with the STD of similar name, but frankly if you have a quick read of reviews on the internet of their service is is plainly clear that the STD would be preferable. You would have more luck getting your parcel to its intended destination if you gave it to Joe Hart, blindfolded him, span him around several times and asked him to drop-kick it in the vague direction of the intended destination.

The next day it still hadn't arrived so I gave them another call. This time I spoke to an indian gent who had to ask me to spell some of the words I was using so he could type them into his machine. He ended by telling me he "guaranteed" I would have my item within two hours.

Two hours later it still hadn't arrived, so I called them again. This time I spoke to a young lady with a very pretty voice, albeit a bit vacant, who kindly informed me that she would look into it and call me back before her shift finished. She didn't.

The festivities ensued and I completely forgot about the package, until on the 28th (eight full days after I had placed my order), I heard the doorbell. I opened the door to see a grubby old Transit screeching off. Initially I was confused that a grown man would play knock down ginger, but nay, sitting in the middle of my driveway, on the floor, in the pouring rain, was a package with JD PRIORITY NEXT DAY DELIVERY written all over it.

Amazingly the items were all correct, in the correct sizes, but that wasn't enough to save them. Sorry JD, but I'll be shopping elsewhere next time.