Poor customer service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of JD Sports

“Poor customer service”

Written on: 27/08/2012

I ordered 2 tshirts from the website, they arrived the following day, I was impressed with the speed of delivery. I opened the package and on looking at the tshirts was initially impressed with the quality of them. I then took the first one out of it's wrapper and was surprised to find that it had two large black circular security tags attached to it.
I phoned the customer service department and was told that I could either send it back and wait for the return to be processed at which point I would be sent a replacement or I could return to a store. My son wanted the top for the following weekend so the only option was to return to a store and have the tags removed. The customer service operative was polite however at this point he told me that on entering the store I would set off the alarms which would probably cause me some embarrassment.
I drove to the nearest store in the town centre, when I entered the store the alarms went off and a member of staff asked me if I had a tagged item, I explained my situation to her, she said 'you got an invoice?' then 'take it to the till' the tags were removed and I thanked them however there was no apology for my inconvenience. Considering it was their mistake I believe it would be good if as a gesture of goodwill I was offered a refund on my postage or at least a code for free delivery on my next order. I will think very carefully before shopping at JD sports again.

• Web