Online mail order purchase UNBIASED

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

ATaylor707's review of J E James Cycles www.jejamescycles.co.uk

“Online mail order purchase UNBIASED”

Written on: 16/05/2013 by ATaylor707 (1 review written)

My mission was to find a cheap hybrid for a friend of mine who is just about to start cycling. I wanted to use a proper bike so eliminated the usual suspects. After visiting several LBS's, I decided on a bike and checked online for reviews. I found the same bike at J E James,, brand new (not ex-demo like the LBS) at a better price.
I have 2 road bikes but was considering another bike to use when camping etc, and was so impressed with the price that I ordered one for myself as well. I won't go into detail about the bike, as it is irrelevant; the point being the service I received thereafter.
I ordered the bikes on Friday evening, after the mail order department had closed. I called on Monday morning to confirm that I had ordered 2 identical bikes, to find that the bikes had already been built, tested and packed for dispatch. The advisor added that the bikes would be on that day's courier, and would be delivered the following day.
I received updates from J E James later that day, confirming dispatch, the name of the courier, and a tracking number. The following morning, I received a text from the courier giving me a delivery time to within 1 hour, and a choice of other delivery dates if not convenient. Needless to say, the bikes arrived on time.
Although replaced, the bikes were easy to assemble (front wheel, handlebars, pedals), and other than a slight brake pad adjustment, were set up perfectly, including all 24 gears.
So, in summary, great price, great service and a quality, next day delivery service, hence the 5 stars.

• Quality of service