The brute of the early-mid 90's.

• Build quality

• Reliability

Guest's review of Kawasaki ZZR 1100

“The brute of the early-mid 90's. ”

Written on: 06/08/2013

I never owned a ZZR1100 Kwakker aka Big “ Z ”. But what I DO know is, the fact when I was in highschool ( 1991-1995 ), there weren't any factory production street bike that could out perform the ZZR 1100. It used to be a respected and in some opinions, a feared motorcycle to ride, due to its heaftiness and powerpack of 147BHP output and, a claimed top speed betwixt ± 278-283-284Kmh ( de-restricted mods ) Depending on the sea level and, type of tyres and of course the tyre preaure, and the "pilot" riding the thing as well. It's closest competition(s)at the time, which were the YAMAHA FZR1000RU & SUZUKI GSX-R1100WP, & the GZX-R1100L & M MODS, was at least approx 10-15Kmh slower than the brute. And its funny, how some people always would like to discriminate and critisize someone and/or, something ( in thus particular case " something " ) almost directly after being conquered by a motorcycle that weighed almost 12kg less, and with like; 80cc bigger engine capacity, and could but "JUST" manage to out perform the Big "Z". We're talking ( CBR1100XX-BLACK BIRD ) here. Which is an awsome machine allround but still, let's be reasonable here! Well, I guess that's human kind for one hey! I'm aware of the first " C " models that had gearbox (2nd gear) , suspension as well as, brake issues. Other issues regarding the heafty ol'speed monster I'm not familiar of. I've spoken to some guys who owes one and who, used to owe one and even more than one in past time. They only had good replies about the bike, although, if I can recall, all o'them have and/or, owned "D" mods. Anyway, I have respected the ZZR1100 "D" moddel, but prefer the shape and, the sporty paint scheme of the older "C" though. I guess altogether, its a personal factor, everyone have their differences in opinion(s). No matter, I still and, probably will always regard the Big "Z", as one of the best all time sports tourers ever built. Amen! ( RSA-KZN ).