Old skool hooligan

• Build quality

• Reliability

Kingwaz's review of Kawasaki ZX7R

“Old skool hooligan”

Written on: 06/05/2013 by Kingwaz (2 reviews written)

This is my second bike I have bought as a project, I picked it up November last year for a bargain £1000 because it had had a low speed drop and fairing damage, I spent the winter tinkering with it to get it how I wanted it to be. My maiden trip was a few days ago and I'm still smiling! This thing rocks, the brakes are superb really good feel and not spongy at all, gear changes are crisp and precise the shift pedal was set too low so that got adjusted and now things feel much better, handling wise it is faultless you have absolute confidence to cane it and to slam it through the corners and make yourself feel like Yanagawa, Russel, Gobert, back in the 90's. it goes like stink and the sound is awesome, people love the look of it and it does look special with its lime green paint. My only gripes with it are the steering turning circle is a joke and the riding position is head down arse up style which works well for a bit but its no cruiser/tourer, I suppose I want everything in one package but that's not easy to do.People say its a heavy beast and they are right it is heavy and slow speed manouvering is not easy especially with that turning circle however once its moving it doesn't show at all. I'm giving it a 4.5 out of 5 and would recommend it to anyone.

• 1996