Road Angel Gem

• How effective is the device?

Guest's review of Road Angel

Road Angel

“Road Angel Gem”

Written on: 26/04/2013

Not what I expected from a Road Angel detector! There are many faults which let this unit down in my opinion:
1. The tone of the alarm is just about the worst I have ever come across, really cheep and tacky sound.
2. It's impossible to add/remove a camera location without using both hands which is obviously of no use at all unless you have a death wish!
3. There is no way of muting the infernal voice warning if you only want the alarm, you can only set male or female voice.
4. The "Sun Visor" protrudes forward of the screen at the centre by 10mm so unless the sun happens to be directly overhead it's useless.
5. The screen will not automatically switch from day to night mode so this has to be done manually which is a pain in the proverbial if you are driving as you have to stop.
6. Although the unit acquires quickly, it tends to give spurious warnings such as cameras on adjacent or nearby roads and I've only ever had one laser warning (although to be fair this may just be because I haven't encountered any others but I wouldn't bank on it).
Sorry to be so negative but it really is rubbish. It does have some positive features, I just can't think what they are off hand.
Phil.

• How effective is the device?