Kef Q15 & Q15.2 - Buy 'em!

• Sound Quality

nugsy's review of KEF Q15

KEF Q15

“Kef Q15 & Q15.2 - Buy 'em!”

Written on: 12/01/2013 by nugsy (1 review written)

I had to write a review for these speakers for anybody that may be interested in buying some. I have given 5 stars simply because they're the best I've had. I appreciate that there are better out there, but as I picked mine up for an average of £35 pair, they deserve no less than 5 stars.

I have 5. 3 of which are the newer Q15.2 model.
Originally I bought these to match my Q35's in a surround sound system and what a system! I have a Denon 7.1 amp to run them.

I have read several reviews on the Q35's and Q15's. Almost all of these say that they're lacking in bottom end (bass) and nobody can fault the mid / highs.

They are stonking speakers without a doubt.

What I have to add is this: I've found myself away from home for a while. Knowing that there were blown speakers where I was going, I packed my trusted Q15's.

In this stereo setup, I'm using a Sony /CD player and an ARCAM DELTA 90 Amplifier. At 90w of sheer classic quality, this amp has done things for the Q15's that my Denon (a good make) just couldn't. It has highlighted to me that the Kefs are all they're cracked up to be. They produce plenty of bass for most music, but Drum n Bass? Add a sub. These aren't about sub bass, but then neither were my Bowers & Wilkins DM110's with their two 8" woofers each!

To summarize, any review you read that's less than outstanding for the Kef Q15s (or Q35's) is probably the result of running them with an average amplifier, or less than average source. When married to the right equipment you just have to listen to all your music again to appreciate that Kef magic.

Thanks for reading. Enjoy the speakers. If you don't intend using a high end amp, you may wish to consider others for a tad more bass?