Astonishingly Amazing!

• Sound Quality

nialled143's review of KEF Cresta 10

KEF Cresta 10

“Astonishingly Amazing!”

Written on: 08/07/2013 by nialled143 (1 review written)

I got a brand new kef cresta 10 yesterday from a local dealer. Still new in a box. Not happy with the colour( I think it's light maple finish) I prefer the black or dark mahogany. Anyway, connected the to a Marantz PM75 previously connected to Kef coda 9. Then I started playing my favorite Jazz from low volume then gradually increasing and WoW! what a small box? the sound is fantastic. Clear, the treble is great-not harsh, overall dynamics and depth are excellent. The soundstage is wide as if i'm using the kef coda 9's. The bass is there even the lowest notes from music you can feel it although not as strong as my coda 9's hence the size. But to me, they are sufficient. Mybe not for Rap or r&b's. I don't believe other reviews saying lack of bass. To hear is to believe and for the size, it's unbelievable! There's very little difference to my kef coda 9's as Kef speakers more or less have similar sound quality. Now I can use both of them. One after the other of course. Lastly, i found that it's better to sit farther away from it and you can hear the sweet spot. It made me smile and satisfied. Thanks kef.

• Less than a Week