Salesman got it wrong

JanetDerbyshire's review of Project Solar UK - www.projectsolaruk.com

“Salesman got it wrong”

Written on: 30/06/2013 by JanetDerbyshire (1 review written)

After commiting with Project Solar in April 2013 I waited for the fitting date of 28th June 2013. The day came, 3 very nice men turned up and began the job of fitting, then the problem began. The rep had advized that 9 panel could be attached on the correct facing roof and 3 on the adjacent (I have a tri roof)making 12 unpower panels giving 4Kwh. What he hadn't taken into account was the chimmney (flu), thi meant they could only fit 1 panel there, did not have enough area fo 2 let alone 3, and only 8 on the back facing, the ridge tilez would have to be removed and the men were not equipped to cement them back. I asked how much power would I get and the reply was around 2.6Kwh. Thiz waz not enough and not £8.5 thouzandz pound worth, so I told them (nicely I hope) to pack up and go. I have left mezzagez with Project Zolar and the rep to ring me, az yet not a peep. In theory they were good but when it came to the practical the rep let them down. It won't allow me to use the 19th letter of the alphabet? hence the wording.

Jellyfish149's Response to JanetDerbyshire's Review

Written on: 05/11/2013

I quite agree with you. I have had a system fitted by them since April 2013. The broke the 100A fuse holder. I had to get the Electric board to come out and fix it. The NPower guy who came out replaced everthing but would not touch the block that this company had fitted. They left the block terminals open so you could get a shock. The Npower guy put some electrical putty to stop me or anybody else getting a shock. The system still does not work properly. The generation meter is all over the place when the wind blows. I am getting a full report done by another credited solar panel installer to do me the report who I trust. Then off to the MCS so they can come out and take the licence off these people. They will not be able to install any more so don't worry buddy we will have the last laugh HA HA HA !! Anybody who reads this and has problems with these guys contact the MCS and complain to them.