Very entertaining indeed

• Ease Of Navigation

robostorm's review of The Face Fits www.thefacefits.com

“Very entertaining indeed”

Written on: 25/06/2013 by robostorm (1 review written)

I started using thefacefits.com out of boredom and I'm so glad that I found it. It's so much fun to go through and vote for people's profiles and then read their actual profile. I myself am going into cognitive psychology so the idea of perception and how people interpret the qualities in the pictures (ie. the quality of the shirt being worn, the location, the genuineness of the smile) I find very intriguing. Overall I find this a great program with great potential.

I only have two comments regarding the program.
1) The number of times a picture may come up. I myself am on the highest level (which to me should mean it is the most views) yet I know that my pictures do not come up often because when I see that the stats on the picture haven't changed since the first vote I got (ie. name) I know that no one else has guessed, especially when the name is obscure. Also when it is a scale such as the 'how hot am I?' question, when the scale is only at 8.00 (or whatever) and remains so for months, I doubt the people voting are that consistent with each other, which therefore tells me that my picture hasn't been voted on very often.

At the same time in one day I will see the same picture come up with the same question upwards of three times. This in itself is a problem because if the same person gives the same answer multiple times, then it influences the 'public' opinion on the question. What I want to know though is why can someone's photos come up seven times each everyday and yet mine have very few ratings. The other problem with this system is that a minimum number of votes are needed to be eligible for the top ten lists but if you never get the votes needed... how is this system fair?

2) The 18 and older questions such as 'What is my ideal friday night' or 'What is my sexual preference' I agree should be left as an 18 and older question however I see nothing wrong with letting someone in the 16-18 age category vote on these questions for other people just for the sake of getting votes.

• Ease Of Navigation