Happy to rip people off

• Ease Of Navigation

jonesj99's review of Genes Reunited - www.genesreunited.co.uk

“Happy to rip people off”

Written on: 10/06/2012 by jonesj99 (0 reviews written)

Thought I'd try it with a one month plainum membersip. It was ok but I did not wish to renew so thought my one month membership would expire, but memberships are automatically on a automatic renewal basis which many including me were unaware of. I was only aware after they took another months subscription which they would not return.

They claim an email was sent 14 days before renewal giving the opportunity to cancel but this was NOT the case. Had a coupple of emails from them wanting me to purchase extra features so it appears they make sure you only get the emails they want you to see.

If you look on the web there is a vast number of people who feel they have been ripped off in this way. There is a checkbox buried in your account settings where you can tick to set renewal from 'continuous' to 'non continuous'. There's a disturbing number of people in forums on the web confirming they have changed to 'non continuous' renewal only to find after a couple of days it has been changed back again.

I would not recommend this site to anyone purely based on their dubious practices.

Visit genesreunited.co.uk