Why fix what was not broken?

• Ease Of Navigation

Kabot's review of Genes Reunited - www.genesreunited.co.uk

“Why fix what was not broken?”

Written on: 12/04/2012 by Kabot (1 review written)

I am only a member on the lowest level and only use GENES REUNITED to record my tree now. I had no problems until they changed their site. Since the "new look" GR it is hopeless. It has multiple 'issues' and leaves me frustrated and fed up. One of the many problems is that it insists that you change all the dates to a new format with a max of 10 digits - but when you do this it says you have more than 10 digits (eg 12/10/1865) and won't accept it so you have to leave out things to record the date. Tonight I tried to search for someone on my own tree but it insisted that I had not given the surname and refused to go any further. These are only 2 of the many problems that I have been having for months. I have emailed them (even if only to vent) but, of course, there have been no replies or improvements. After reading several forums it seems that stopping my membership will not be easy either.
I used to recommed GR as a starter for new budding genealogists - NOT NOW!

• Ease Of Navigation

Visit genesreunited.co.uk

3Krs's Response to Kabot's Review

Written on: 30/04/2012

I agree completely !

The site has become completely unusable.

It refuses to update correctly and one wastes a lot of time adding data only to find that it has not been stored.

The program is forever indicating that it has not refreshed correctly .

I suspect that a lot of geneologists will move their data to another more reliable storage system.

APPALLING !!!